It wouldn't be summer without ice cream. Somerville has you covered. Here are a few of my favorite spots.
1. Gracie's Ice Cream - Union Square. This shop has an endless list flavors, not to mention a toasted Fluff cone!
2. J.P. Licks - Assembly Row. Sundaes, cakes, hot chocolate, ice cream sandwiches this place has it all. I am also a huge fan of their frozen yogurt. In the middle of Assembly Row this location has a patio to relax and enjoy the warmer months.
3. Frozen Hoagies - Powder House Square. Cookie Ice Cream sandwiches for everyone. You might know the name from their popular food trucks, but they also have a storefront in Somerville.
4. Forge Ice Cream Bar -Spring Hill. This ice cream shop opened in 2016, but the owners are no strangers to Somerville. They also own Diesel Cafe, Bloc Union, and Forge Baking Company.
5. Tipping Cow Ice Cream - Winter Hill. If you are looking for creative offbeat flavors, Tipping Cow is the place. In addition to their storefront, they can be found at local farmer markets.