Weather happens. You can plan and plan, but it's always good to have a rainy day activity card in your back pocket. Cambridge has a variety of indoor activities if the weather isn't in your favor.
1. Flat Top Johnny's - Kendall Square. This is a great spot to wait out the rain. They have twelve pool tables, pinball, skee-ball, and a long beer list.
2. A4CADE - Central Square. This 21+ arcade is cleverly hidden behind an unassuming door within Roxy's Grilled Cheese. They have all classic games from Tetris to NBA Jam. Don't miss the cocktails made for two served in novelty cups!
3. Lanes & Games - North Cambridge. For decades Lanes & Games has met all the bowling needs of Cambridge. Candle pin, big ball, and pizza! Summer 2017 will be your last chance to bowl here, as they are closing at the end of the season.
4. Kendall Square Cinema - Kendall Square. What's better than escaping the rain and clouds at the movies? Kendall Cinema offers a wide variety independent films. The go-to spot during Oscar season.
5. Made By Me! - Harvard Square. This studio and gallery is a great outlet for creative types. Spend the an hour or the whole afternoon painting pottery from a wide selection. This wonderful shop is owned by long time Cambridge resident, artist, and teacher Bessie Blum.